Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Welcome!


I've been meaning to start this blog for a long time, but life always seems to get in the way. In the past few months, we have moved our family from Doha, Qatar, to Jakarta, Indonesia. I started off my new life here as a stay-at-home mom, but many factors (among them being the desire to get out into the grown-up world and interact with with people whose communication skills consist of more than pointing, as well as the luxury of being able to buy more than the bare necessities on the grocery list while still maintaining something resembling a bank account!) have led me to take a part-time teaching job at the school which brought us here for my husband's job in the first place.

So, once again, I am walking the line between work and motherhood. Fortunately, we live in a country where I am lucky enough to have a full-time nanny who comes to our house and spends everyday taking care of my youngest daughter, Skye. And our nanny is fantastic! However, there are days when I am glad to leave the house for work in the morning, but there are days when I wonder if it's worth it.

These are the kinds of musings, rants and complaints that I will be writing about on this blog. If you are someone who already knows me, then it's great to see you here! If you are someone new, then please leave comments so that we can meet!

Welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the blog already! Can hear your voice as I read :) looking forward to hearing about all your expat mom adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim! I am counting on you to keep me in line and give me the necessary shove if/when I'm slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete